Student Resource Center
Information technology infrastructure is the foundation of integrated hardware, software, and services necessary to connect computers, printers, servers, and other devices together. UOS Student Resource Center (SRC) provides IT infrastructure support and design; technology selection; systems management and administration; and review and development of IT policies and standards to enable and support the mission of The University of Sargodha Lahore Campus. SRC provides IT infrastructure services in a way that fosters collaboration and unification among the UOS Student Resource units while meeting the diverse needs of the organization.
The SRC department commits to:
• Support and promote the productive use of technology throughout the organization
• Use proven industry best practices
• Ensure that all technology in place is secure, reliable, and performs as needed
• Provide timely and effective end-user support to resolve problems and provide assistance
• Participate with the UOS IT Governance program to select quality technology solutions designed to meet University needs
• Protect business interests and technology investments through effective IT policies and practices, including adoption of IT service management best practices
• Maintain positive relationships with end-users through information and communication
• Foster trust relationships with campus and University Healthcare IT entities
• Promote collaboration and unification across campus and University Healthcare IT entities through standards that provide institution-wide efficiencies
• Provide enterprise networking, wireless, firewall, load balancing, VPN, and web content filtering services.
• Install, maintain, and document all voice, and data, for the University.
• Assist the Facilities Management department with designing new buildings to meet all current data needs.
• Provide directory and authentication services (Active Directory), identity and access management, campus web services, database consulting and administration, systems monitoring, storage, and a robust VMware environment. We support the concept of “Plan – Build – Run.”
• Track and analyze incoming incidents and provide timely closure.
• Maintain physically secure production space at the data center, meeting or exceeding industry best practices for cooling, redundant electrical power, and network connectivity.
• Offer for-fee contracted IT support services to campus departments in need of software, desktop, active directory, security, planning, implementation, and server support.